EZ Data Dictionary®
If you’re looking for a more effective database documentation tool than Excel®, you’re come to the right place. Here’s why:
- In Excel you can misspell the names of tables and columns, but not in EZ Data Dictionary.
- In Excel, you can miss some tables and columns, but not in EZ Data Dictionary.
- You can still copy and paste documentation into Excel from EZ Data Dictionary.
- Maintaining spreadsheet documentation is difficult In Excel when you add, change, or delete tables and columns. With EZ Data Dictionary, it’s automatic and easy.
- Custom reports are hard in Excel but easy in EZ Data Dictionary.
- You can’t update an Excel spreadsheet from multiple users. You can with EZ Data Dictionary.
- Documenting interfaces is like a whole new event in Excel, but it’s easy with EZ Data Dictionary®.
- Displaying the relationships between tables is not usually done in Excel, but it’s automatic in EZ Data Dictionary®.
- All the data you capture in EZ Data Dictionary is stored in a database so it’s easier for your IT department to access it.
In short, EZ Data Dictionary:
- Improves the productivity of your people
- Improves your system documentation
- Satisfies audit requirements
- Makes report building faster and easier
- Improves communication between systems professionals and end users for projects like data warehousing
- Saves time and effort by providing easy access to database design and definitions
- Is an easy, inexpensive way to distribute information about databases
- Allows users to review database elements and definitions in a friendly environment
- Integrates easily with SQL Server®, Oracle®, and Microsoft Access®
- Can be updated easily in a friendly multi-user environment.
EZ Data Dictionary® Videos
To find out more about the ways in which we can help, please call us at 603-912-5406 or complete the form below.